ADMIN NOTICE:
Please ensure the title / subject of your advert is clear and descriptive. e.g. You can say "1997 Opel Vectra station-wagon for sale", but not "Car for sale". "Five bedroomed house for rent in Kabulonga, Lusaka" but not "House for rent". You are encouraged to put as much information as possible in the full text of the advert (contact details, prices, pictures, detailed description, etc).

New Kasama Plot for Sale

Renting, selling or buying of houses, offices, land, etc.

New Kasama Plot for Sale

Postby Kafula » 24th January 2011, 16:42

Dear Zambia,

2 Acres plot in new Kasama near Pilatus motors.

K 350 Million negotiable
Kafula

Re: New Kasama Plot for Sale

Postby Llala » 24th February 2011, 16:54

Are you really serious? Who would pay that amount for a piece of land?
Llala

Postby chela » 24th February 2011, 17:40

350mil for a bare land? This is crazy!!!!!!!! you buy from the council @5,000,000 iyo kwena ni profit????? Learn to sweat for money mudala!!! money doesnt grow like milk teeth!!!!
chela

Postby MM » 24th February 2011, 20:21

CAN U TELL ME HOW FAR IS IT FROM THE MAIN ROAD, I KNOW THE AREA WELL.
WHERE IT IS.
MM

Postby Ref » 24th February 2011, 22:16

Have you guys noticed that these quick money schemes are on the rise? Conmen used to be common in Zambia. But now I think they are taking over and are in charge of most of our assets.
Ref

Postby mm » 25th February 2011, 08:56

darlings,
U THINK THIS IS A CONE?
UNFORTUNETLY ALL OVER THE WORLD SUPPLY AND DEMAND RULE THE PRICING.
THE HOTTEST AREA IN LUSAKA AFTER MASS MEDIA (RECENTLY A PLOT IN MASS MEDIA, BARE LAND, WAS SOLD FOR 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS) IS NEW KASAMA.
PLOTS ALONG THE TAR MARK GO FOR UP TO US $100 000 PER ACRE. FARMS AWAY FROM THE ROAD, BARE LAND SALE FOR MIN 400 MILLION DEPENDING ON THE PLACE.
I AM ON THE FIRST FARM OF NEW KASAMA, WHEN I BOUGHT THE PLOT APR 2009 I PAID FOR 3/4 OF AN ACRE 120 M, NOW THEY ARE SALING 1/2 ACRE NEXT TO ME FOR 150M.
THERE IS A PLOT WITH WALL FENCE BEING SOLD FOR 250M IN CHALALA RUBBISH AREA.
MMD PLOTS (NO TITLE) WATER WORKS LIBALA??? ARE SOLD AT 40M NOW.
THE PLOT U SEE HERE WILL NOT BE FOR SALE ANY LONGER THAN A MONTH IF IT IS IN A GOOD PLACE.
I AM TELLING U THIS SO U WAKE UP AND THINK ABOUT UR TOMORROW.
MOST PLOTS DOUBLE IN PRICE IN A YEAR.
I DONT SALE PLOTS, BUT I DO BUY OCCASIONALY, SO ANY PLOT THAT COMES ON THE MARKET I AM THE FIRST TO KNOW, AND SINCE I AM NOT DESPARATE, IF I SEE A GOOD DEAL I BUY.THERE IS NO BANK THAT WILL GIVE U 50-100% INTEREST.
UNFORTUNETLY THIS IS THE TRUTH.
mm

Postby Investor » 25th February 2011, 23:06

Wooh good price...2 Acres plot in new Kasama near Pilatus motors K350m

4 half acre townhouses valued at $300 000 i.e. $1.2million

Plot K350m or $70 000, negotiable,
Building Cost $800 000 for 4 houses (wholesale price)
Project manager, misc costs $30 000

Rent out the houses for 5 years...

Sale the houses after 5 years minimum $300 000 each.

PROFIT....
Any investors out there? Wish I could work on this one...
Investor

Postby Dale » 26th February 2011, 02:10

Investor, With your calculations, it looks like about a 10% annual return on your money. Not bad. Not super great, but not bad.

Why is the cost of construction at $800K? Or $200K per building?

MM, you are right on with your comments about what is happening world wide. Prices are only going up, not down.

dale
Dale

Postby Dale » 26th February 2011, 02:45

Ooops, annual return is more like 6 1/2% - not 10% - my mistake
dale
Dale

Postby MM » 26th February 2011, 09:51

INVESTOR/DALE,
U WILL NOT SPEND US 200 000 ON BUILDING. WITH EXCELLENT FINISH U WILL SPEND MAXIMUM US 80 000 TO BUILD A 3 BED HOUSE.(AND THATS TOO MUCH FOR ZAMBIA)I DID THAT JUST NOW.
AMERICAN EMBASSY HAS JUST BUILD A NEW H/QUARTERS NEAR BY AND THET ARE LOOKING FOR ACCOMODATION FOR THEIR STUFF.
MINIMUM RENTAL PER MONTH IS US 1500.
I FORGOT TO ADD ON MY FIRST TOPIC THAT IT IS K 400M FOR 5ACRE PLOTS MINIMUM IN NOT SO GOOD AREA IN NEW LASAMA.
THE PRICES ARE GOING UP BECAUSE OF THE AMERICAN EMBASSY. STARTING FROM PILATUS EASTWARDS IT IS ALL WHITES , UN, EMBASSIES....AND IT IS GETTING BETTER BY THE DAY.
NEW KASAMA IS CONSIDERED THE NEW KABULONGA OF LUSAKA.
SO U CAN REVISE UR CALCULATIONS ON PROFITS UPWARDS.
MM

Postby Investor » 26th February 2011, 11:23

@mm which construction company?
@Dale my finance expert could you post the actual account
@Kafula...you could get a better deal if you are in as an investor on a 12 month project for this land...

4 houses on half acre plots
Construction costs @100 000 ...$500 000
Plot K370m .................... ...$70 000
Project manager, misc ..........$30 000

OPTION:
RENT: $1500 per month
SALE: Advertise on the market, $300K @

---------------------------------------------------------
PREVIOUS INVESTMENT
2 houses on half acre plot
1 acre Plot ..............$160 0000 each ($80K)
Construction cost .........$160 0000 each ($320K)
Other costs ...............$40 0000
Rent ......................$3500 per month
SALE ......................$350 0000

Note: Perfect location,
Investor owns the first house...it’s rented out, value doubles in a few years.
Investor sales the other house, pays tax and moves on to other investments,... uses this cash and portfolio to get more capital from the bank...

Share ideas...
Investor

Postby Investor » 26th February 2011, 11:32

House construction @160 000 for previous project (2009)

4 bedroom each self contained
library/study
open plan kitchen/dinning/living area
TV room
Laundry room
Servants quarters
security, guards, fence
swimming pool
garden, schrubs and ever green plants
near embassy
emergency exit door
guest toilet
Investor

Postby Investor » 26th February 2011, 11:48

CORRECTION:
Previous Investment Plan (2009)
SALE PRICE: $350 000
Investor

Postby Katuta » 6th March 2012, 13:48

That is broad daylight robbery. Are you serious? 2 Acres for 350 million? Shame. In the same new Kasama area bare land an acre is averaging 50 - 60 million and you are asking for 175 million? Get real please.
Katuta

Postby Hyped Up Wrongly » 6th March 2012, 13:58

This is not true. And its not a case of supply and demand, just a situation gone out of hand because of lack strict regulations by the authorities and submissive consumer market. I also know New Kasama very and have property and I honestly am seeing people being ripped off unfortunately. Comparing like for like in terms of locality an area like the one here is becoming abnormally expensive than a similar area and reputed location found in cities like Nairobi, Johannesburg or Dar-es-salaam ; to talk of comparable towns within the region.
Hyped Up Wrongly

Postby anna » 20th June 2012, 16:42

you people stop that, l børn in kasama and l have a house at mulengahills l got the plot free. you do you want to sale a plot for k350 m. thats not good and l now new kasama. you people stop that. sorry for poor
anna

Postby Nelson » 20th June 2012, 23:39

Dear Anna

I give English lessons. I can give you a discount for being a DZ contributor.
Nelson

Postby edward » 23rd June 2012, 21:51

Have any of you people traveled outside Africa? the price of houses are not going up but down in America and Europe. e.g. I could buy a three bed house in good condition with half an acre for under k80 million in the countryside in Bulgaria.
I could pick up a three bed house in good condition with a good size garden near a well developed town in The Republic of Ireland for k200 to k400 million.
There is no reason for houses in Zambia to cost so much, e.g. most houses in Lusaka are near shanty compounds which should greatly lower its value.
2. Average salaries are very low in comparison to America or Western Europe
3. The chance of your home been broken into by dangerous criminals is much greater
4. Regular power cuts
5. Poor transport system
6. Regular cuts in water supply
7. Under developed infrastructure
8. Poor government schools
9. Poor health care

Zambians should stop giving their hard earned money to crooks and speculators because there is no reason why such house prices should exist, e.g. have you noticed when somebody is selling a plot or a half finished house in Lusaka they always tell you that the house or plot is near The new American Embassy or in some Chinese industrial zone so that they can justify exorbitant prices.
edward

Postby Malaiti » 24th June 2012, 07:21

ba Edward mudala,

this village life of yours must be killing you. or at least killing your brain cells. I see you do not understand anything about currency.

Kwacha, baba Edward, is Zambian currency. It is not legal tender anywhere else. Not especially in no Ireland and no Bulgaria.

You should travel, baba, when the maize harvest is good. You will see the euro, the dollar, the peso, the rupee, the yen and other foreign currencies. This world village is vast ka.
Malaiti

Postby Edward » 25th June 2012, 00:34

I have only used Zambian currency in my comment about house prices because people reading comments in this forum will be able to grasp the foolishness of Zambian house prices.
It wood be good to get a comment about what I said rather than a discussion about my use of Zambian currency in my comment about Zambian house prices.
The prices I used are k80 million or £10,000 in Bulgaria k200 to K400 million £25,000 to £50,000 in The Republic of Ireland
Edward

Next Page

Return to Housing, Land & Real Estate