natural selection

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

natural selection

Postby mukolwe » 30th March 2012, 03:06

i'm sure when you think of darwin's theory on natural selection, smart phones and tablets don't come to mind. however, in the technological environment that we inhabit, the theory is very applicable.

i'm sure some of you intuitively or by following certain business trends know that the blackberry faces very stiff competition from the iphone and other smartphones running google's Linux based operating system, Adroid.

you can read more on the link below, but basically they simply ain't able to compete, have suffered severe losses. now to cut their losses they are going back to the market niche that made them (blackberry) a house hold name, the business market. i hope it's not too easy to late

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17557177

mark my words, Android will be the main OS (operation system) within the next five (not even) years. it will soon surpass Windows due to the fact that it's the most mobile and scalable platform. there's nothing else like it out there, it makes Windows look like a beta version of an OS.

i only have one thing to say in respect to the ever changing technological playground. our lives would have been a whole lot easier if blackberries and apples were just fruits.

kalebalika mukwaiDear Zambia,
mukolwe

Re: natural selection

Postby Dinosaur » 30th March 2012, 07:57

Mukolwe mwana, don't get me started because I'm a hopeless Apple groupie. he he.

But I tell you man, today I'm a thumb-less idiot when it comes to computers and gadgets. But before I switched to Apple, I was a stone age man. Apple just helped me synchronize everything. Apple robbed me the necessity to think. That's how user friendly Apple products are.

But don't listen to me. I really don't know shit. However, if I were a betting man, in the next 5, 10, 20 years, I'd bet on Apple, not Android. I'm not predicting the demise of Android. Just the dominance of Apple.
Dinosaur

Re: natural selection

Postby Guest » 31st March 2012, 04:20

dinosaur, boyi you are right, apple products are very user friendly. even their computers, the macs are so easy to use, my first computer experience was with macs, i got hooked and had a hard time switching to pcs when it became necessary to perform certain tasks with my school projects.
iPhones and iPads run a modified version of OS X. Mac OS X is a Unix based OS while Adroid is a Linux based OS. so mwana since there's no apple without Unix and since Linux is a version or branch or clone of Unix. Adroid is here to stay as long as google doesn't screw up since they have the licensing for it. Windows days are numbered my friend you can believe that.

kalebalika mukwai

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)