ZAIN/AIRTEL CROOKS.

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

ZAIN/AIRTEL CROOKS.

Postby MM » 24th February 2011, 14:36

Dear Zambia,

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I AM RECHARGING BANDLING 2 GB WITH ZAIN AIRTEL.
THE FIRST BUNDLE FOR 2GB ONLY USED 1.5 GB AND IT EXPIRED, BEFORE THE MONTH WAS OVER.
WENT TO CROSS ROADS,GAVE THEM K185000 AND ASKED THEM TO BUNDLE IT THEMSELVES(2GB VALID FOR 1 MONTH).
11 DAYS LATER IT IS FINISHED.
WENT THERE AND ASKED THEM TO CHECK MY USAGE DAY BY DAY.
ONLY ONE DAY MY USAGE REACHED 75MB, THE REST OF THE DAYS IT WAS 16-25 GB ON AVERAGE.
HE SAID I USED MY 2 GB.
I TOLD HIM LOOK HERE, THE HIGHEST USAGE IS 75 MB THE REST IS ALL BELLOW 25GB PER DAY.
EVEN IF IT WAS 100MB PER DAY FOR 11 DAYS 1,1GB, WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT?
SO EVENTUALY HE AGREED WITH ME AND SEND A REQUEST TO ZAIN IT DEPARTMENT, AND TOLD ME HE WILL GIVE ME ANSWER IN THE AFTERNOON.
WILL LET U KNOW WHAT IS THE PROGRESS LATER.
I TOLD HIM I CAN NOT STAY MINUS INTERNET. SO MEANWHILE RECHARGE WITH 2GB, HERE IS THE MONEY. HE DID AND I WENT HOME. WHEN I REACHED HOME I CHECKED MY BUNDLE AND USAGE AND IT SHOWED THAT IT WAS RECHARGED WITH 1GB FOR K125 000. I CALLED HIM AND TALKED TO HIM IN CAPS. AND HE TOLD ME HE MADE A MISTAKE AND HE WILL GIVE ME 1GB FREE WHEN THIS IS FINISHED.
NOW I WANTED TO ALLERT U TO THEIR PRACTICES, SO U ARE CAREFULL.
SOME PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING THAT THEIR TALK TIME USAGE ON THE INTERNET FINISHES TOO QUICKLY.
THIS ARE SOME OF THE CAUSES.
I REMOVED MY MODEM FROM ONE LAPTOP AND PUT IT INTO ANOTHER. HALF AN HOUR LATER MY TALK TIME WAS FINISHED.(1.5GB)
THE PEOPLE AT ZAIN ARE VERY UNHELPFULL,OR THEY DO IT DELIBERATLY. THEY DO NOT EXPLAIN TO CUSTOMERS THAT U NEED TO BUNDLE YOUR TALK TIME FOR U TO USE THE DISCOUNTED RATES OF A BUNDLE.
IF U JUST PUT K100000 NOT BUNDLED TALK TIME IN UR PHONE OR PC, IT WILL BE GONE IN 1 DAY. IF U BUNDLE K125000 U GET 1 GB VALID FOR A MONTH, OR K185000 WILL GIVE U A BUNDLE OF 2GB FOR A MONTH.
BUT THEY FAIL TO EXPLAIN THAT TO CUSTOMERS. WHY? THEY DONT KNOW? THEY DO. I AM SURE THEY WERE TOLD BY THEIR BOSSES NOT TO EXPLAIN THIS TO CUSTOMERS BUT TO CONTINUE STEALING THEIR MONEY.
A FRIEND CAME TO VISIT ME YESTERDAY AND TOLD ME THAT K100000 INTERNET T/TIME LASTS HIM ONLY A DAY. HE BOUGHT HIS MODEM FROM ZAIN AND THEY FAILED TO EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT HE NEEDS TO BUNDLE HIS T/TIME. CRIMINALS.
SO THIS IS THE PROCEDURE SO THEY DONT CROOK U:
IF U ARE USING MODEM, TAKE OUT THE SIM CARD , PUT IT IN A PHONE AND RECHARGE IT WITH THE AMMOUNT U WANT TO BUNDLE US USUAL(THE SAME WAY U PUT TALK TIME IN UR PHONE)
THEN SEND AN SMS TO 4428:
DATA INET 2GB
WAIT TO RECEIVE ACKNOULAGEMENT THAT UR T/TIME WAS BUNDLED OR EVEN BETTER ASK THEM TO DO IT FOR U.
TO CHECK UR USAGE:
SEND SMS TO 4428
USAGE INET
THE REPLY WILL BE US FOLLOWS:
INET Usage,PlanName = 1GB Volume = 0 bytes, Charge = 125000 ZMK, Valid till 26/Mar/2011. Thanks for using Airtel data solutions.
Time: 24/02/2011 13:
PLAN NAME IS THE BUNDLE=1GB
VOLUME IS WHAT U HAVE USED.
HOPE THIS WILL HELP U NOT TO BE CROOKED.
MM

Re: ZAIN/AIRTEL CROOKS.

Postby matheas » 24th February 2011, 14:42

airtel crooked very crooked i have my cell z sim on standby once the network goes 3g/4g its vootsek to my airtel.
matheas

Postby CHECK THIS ALL OF U » 24th February 2011, 20:17

PLEASE CHECK IT IF U HAVE ZAIN/AIRTELL INTERNET.
CHECK THIS ALL OF U

Postby Howard » 25th February 2011, 14:10

Here are some words to describe them. Crooks, thieves, incompetent, unhelpful, liars, rude, annoying, uncaring, profit seekers, ************
Howard

Postby Heinrich » 25th February 2011, 14:18

I signed up for the magic number thing yesterday (chezela for free). I even got back an sms from the system. To my shock, after calling the magic number I had registered, my normal airtime finished. Airtel are definitely thieves and I will report them to ZICTA.
Heinrich

Postby tom » 25th February 2011, 15:00

what size of bundle can i get with a 10 pin airtime?
tom

Postby mm » 25th February 2011, 19:50

TOM,
I AM NOT SURE IF U CAN GET A BUNDLE FOR 10 000, MAYBE U CAN, BUT THE SMALLER THE BUNDLE THE MORE EXPENCIVE IT IS. U ARE BETTER OFF GETTING A BIGGER BUNDLE IT WILL WERK OUT HALF PRICE>
THINK LIKE THIS 185000 : 2 GB (2000MB)= K 90 PER 1 MB
K 125000 : 1GB= K 125 PER MB.
I NEVER BOUGHT A BUNDLE FOR L10 000 . BETTER ASK ZAIN IF THEY HAVE AND FOR HOW LONG IT IS VALID.
MY ADVISE FOR THOSE THAT USE INTERNET ON THEIR PNONE IS TO BUNDLE IT, IT WILL BE 5% OF THE COST COMPARED TO UNBUNDLED COST PER MB.
mm

Postby MM » 28th February 2011, 12:24

PLEASE,
THE ONES WITH AIRTELL/ZAIN MODEMS, REGULARY CHECK UR USAGE. JUST AFTER REFUELING AND WHEN IT IS ABOUT TO FINISH, OR WHEN IT IS FINISHED. KEEP NOTES WHEN U RECHARGED (DATE AND WHAT WAS UR PREVIOUS USAGE) SINCE USAGE IS CUMULATIVE, SO U ARE NOT CHEATED.
MM

Postby Regular » 28th February 2011, 18:55

I know this is probably going to strike a sour note here. But you know the saying 'it's expensive to be poor'? It turns out that is true.

Take these prices you guys are being charged for example. K185,000 for 2 gigs. I suppose K185,000 is about US$37, give or take. Contrast that to a user in the US. I pay $9/mo for 2gigs of Data. If you ask me, this is a bit insane. I mean for Zambians to be charged K185,000 for 2GB. I bet connectivity is not even that reliable. This is an abomination.
Regular

Postby MM » 1st March 2011, 09:53

DARLING,
THATS THE CHEAPEST IN ZED.
OTHER COMPANIES CHARGE 450 000 FOR 1.5 GB AND 600 000 FOR 600MB.
SPEED IS TERRIBLE AND SERVICE UNRELIABLE.
MM

Postby Rama » 10th March 2011, 14:45

Hello! Can I know if there is a particular limit (like only 10 or 20 msgs) for getting usage updates from 4428 because am not getting any reply from 4428 for USAGE INET. I have been trying from yesterday to know my INET usage.
Rama

Postby MM » 10th March 2011, 15:51

DARLING I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM TODAY. CALLED THE MANAGER AND WAS TOLD U HAVE TO HAVE AT LIST K1000 TALK TIME EXTRA FOR THE USAGE MESSAGE TO GO.I ASKED DOES IT MEAN THAT U HAVE TO PAY TO GET UR USAGE REPORT?
I WAS TOLD NO, JUST TO HAVE THE EXTRA T/TIME. WHAT STUPIDITY!
SO THEY SEND ME K1000 ON MY ACCOUNT(THEY KNOW MY ACCOUNT BY HEART) AND I TRIED AGAIN, BUT NO SUCCESS SO FAR.
WENT THERE TOO. MADE LOTS OF NOISES AND I WAS GIVEN 1GB FREE BUT THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, FOR THEY HAVE STOLEN MORE FROM ME.
SO I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO TALK BUT DO SOMETHING.
FOR ME AND FOR ALL OF U. I DONT LIKE IT WHEN I AM TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.
THEY HAVE JUST CALLED ME TO TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE SEND ME MY USAGE PRINT OUT BY E MAIL.
IT WAS HARD TO GET IT FROM THEM.
NOW I AM TAKING THEM TO COURT. IT IS NOT THE MONEY, IT IS THE PRINCIPLE OR THEY WILL NEVER STOP.
WILL KEEP U UPDATED, AND THEM ON THEIR TOES.
MM

Postby MRS » 12th March 2011, 14:07

Hi MM,
I am happy to join u in taking Airtel to court.
I paid for a 2g bundle on 3 March, 7 days later they tell me it's finished. I have been sending requests
for my usuage to 4428 since day 1 and I have never gotten a reply, NEVER! So I buy credit for 100pin and send the request for a bundle
300MB that is. Again no reply, I call 111 and they tell me to try again DATA INET 300MB to 4428. Nothing!
I call 111 again and this me the lady said she will activa from their and that I shud wait for 1hour to use the net.
So after a good two hours I go online and start using the net only to discover after an hour that they didn't activate the bundle and am paying pay per use.

I am on my way from Aitel Crossroads requested for my usage report over my earlier 2g bundle and the said I will get it on Monday.
And that the lady from 111 who said she wud activate and didn't must pay for that, I recorded today' conversation for future reference
MRS

Postby JM » 12th March 2011, 17:43

You guys should not be sweet talked out of this court case by zain so that the rest of us can learn from this. Don't be bought with extra bundles and stuff.
JM

Postby MM » 12th March 2011, 20:35

MY DEAR MRS,
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED IF THIS CROOKS. IT IS NOT THE MONEY, IT IS THE PRINCIPLE. SUCH BIG COMPANY, STEALING FROM ITS CUSTOMERS?
IT IS UNACCEPTABLE! AND THREATING US WITH TOTAL DISREGARD. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE.
WE MUST NOT ALLOW THEM TO TAKE US FOR GRANTED.
I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE RAN AROUND FOR 3 WEEKS NOW.
GOING TO CROSS ROADS AND PHONNING ENDLESLY.
I ALSO ASKED FOR USAGE REPORT AND AFTER 3 WEEKS WAS GIVEN 3 USELESS NUMBERS, INSTEAD OD DAYLY USAGE REPORT.
ALL I GOT IS LIE LIES LIES. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE.
AND I CAN SEE THEY ARE DELIBERATLY COVERING THEIR TRUCKS, IN ORDER TO CROOK ME.
I TOLD THEM I AM TAKING THEM TO COURT AND THEY JUST LOOKED AT ME SARCASTICALY AND WITH TOTAL INDIFERANCE.
I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE SAME PLACE CROSS ROADS, DEALING WITH THE MANAGER ALEXINA, AND A GUY CALLED CHRISS.
MY DAUGHTER IS A LAWYER. ANOTHER LAWYER FRIEND OF HERS, TOOK ZAIN TO COURT. DO U KNOW FOR WHAT?
FOR A SIMILAR THING OVER THE INTERNET. DO U KNOW HOW MUCH DAMAGES HE IS ASKING FOR? K180 MILLION.
DO U KNOW HOW THEY ARE GROVELING AND ASKING FOR OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT.
AND HE WILL GET IT. ON THAT I AM ASSURED.
I AM STILL A GOOD GIRL. I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO TAKE THEM TO COURT JUST YET. I WENT AND OPENED A DOCKET AT NYUMBA YANGA POLICE POST.
I AM GOING TO GO THERE FIRST ALONE(TO TAKE THE SAMMONS), AND I KNOW THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME ACSESS TO THE MANAGER. I WILL HAVE OFFICERS ON STAND BY, AND I WILL GO INSIDE WITH GUNS, AND BY FORCE AFTER THAT.
I AM GOING TO DRUG HIM TO ZP AND GIVE HIM A PEACE OF MY MIND AND ASK HIM TO PERSONALY REMEDY THE PROBLEM AND TELL HIM THAT THERE ARE PLENTY OF HIS CUSTOMERS ON DZ, THAT WILL DO THE SAME IF HE CONTINUES TO STEAL, AND DISREGARD HIS CUSTOMERS.. IF I WILL HAVE HIM ARRESTED AND TAKEN TO COURT, IT WILL DEPEND ON HOW HE BEHAVES. IF HE PISSES ME OFF ALL HELL IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE.
I AM ALSO DEBATING IF I SHOULD BRING MUVI TV TO NYUMBA YANGA POLICE, SO I HAVE HIM TOTALY EMBARASSED. U KNOW ME I CAN DO THAT IN A SECOND.
WHAT DO U THINK, SHOULD I TAKE MUVI TV THERE?
TELL ME!~ I AM DOING THIS FOR ALL OF US.

NOW DEAR MRS, I CAN SEE U STAY NEAR ME FOR U TO GO TO CROSSROADS. CAN U POST HERE UR PHONE No, SO I CAN CALL U AND U OPEN A DOCKET TOO. I WILL COME WITH U TO ZP. U MUST COME TOO WHEN HE IS SUPPOSED TO REPORT TO ZP, SO U PRESENT UR CASE, AND HELP ME TO PULL HIS EAR, OR MAYBE SOMETHING ELSE TOO.
STUPID IDIOTS (TO QUOTE KK)
JM,
LETS GIVE THEM A WAKE UP CALL FIRST. IF THEY DONT IMPROVE WE SHALL DO THAT TOO.
MM

Postby MM FOR MRS » 14th March 2011, 08:50

MRS PLEASE POST UR TEL No IF U ARE SERIOUS SO I CAN CONTACT U.
MM FOR MRS

Postby Malama Remmy Shawa (MRS) » 15th March 2011, 10:20

Sorry for late reply...I was caught up in work!

My number is 0977/0967 415613

I hope I didn't miss out on opening a docket. Some people stay with 300MB for a month. Others with 1G.
And 2G lasts 7 days, 300MB lasted me 4 days, it doesn't make sense.And they tell u, u download a lot of stuff! Emails? Simple emails?

I am so mad right now.
Malama Remmy Shawa (MRS)

Postby Guest » 2nd May 2011, 21:31

Their systm of bundling using BETA INET 300MB on the mobile phone is very unreliable. You tend to wonder if their engineers know what they are doing. I would nt be surprised if MTN get their big chunk of the market.
I have been trying to bundle the talk time several times now but to no avail. All the system says is '..invalid code' when infact I have succesfully used the code before. It irritates.

Postby Jika » 25th May 2011, 01:49

Is it ok 2 use a 4n as a modem 4 internet using a laptop, how r the charges like wen u buy bundle for airtel?
Jika

Postby Homie » 25th May 2011, 02:01

Malama Remmy Shawa (MRS) wrote :
>
> I am so mad right now.

Drink a glass of warm milk with some honey mixed in. That will help reduce your rage. Good luck.
Homie

Next Page

Return to Communication companies (Telephone companies, Internet service providers, etc.)