OBTAINING A BIRTH AND MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

» Topic locked   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

OBTAINING A BIRTH AND MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

Postby Zimbo » 8th November 2010, 13:29

Dear Zambia,

Please could someone assist me with the Postal address, Telephone Number, Fax Number or email address where I can obtain a copy of a Birth and Marriage Certificate in Zambia.

Zambian High Commission in London furnished us with an address to which I wrote too, but have heard nothing and 3 months have elapsed.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Zimbo

Re: OBTAINING A BIRTH AND MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

Postby Kay » 8th November 2010, 14:05

Dear Zimbo,

Maybe I can start by assuming that you left Zambia a long time ago when P.O. Box and govt dpts and civic centres were very active. As this stand now, no one will bother to respond to your posted letter especially gvt and council dpts.

Anyway, the place where you can get a copy of a birth and marriage certificate in Zambia and Lusaka to be specific is CIVIC centre along Independence avenue. However, you should know that you cannot get a copy of any of these through correspondence, you must physically visit the civic centre as you are needed for signing and oaths. come back home and get these, it only takes a few days and probably a day if you bribe someone?

By the way, you say "obtain a copy of birth and marriage certificate", does this mean you had the birth and marriages certificates and lost them or what? and if so, where did you obtain them from at first?
Kay

Postby Zimbo » 8th November 2010, 14:30

Hi Kay,

Thanks a million for your rapid reply. Now long story short, I am actually not from Zambia, I was born and raised in Zimbabwe, but I am trying to assist a friend in obtaining these documents. I am going to post the request from this person who posted it on a Site that I belong to.

"Quote:-

"Does anyone know how to obtain a birth and marriage certificate from
Zambia? I have been to see the High Commission here in London they gave
me an address to write to in Zambia. Which I did three month ago and
have not had a reply. I also wrote to the British High Commissioner in
Zambia as they used to issue our British passport in the early days. I
was informed that they have not kept copies of any of the documents we
use to have to supply to obtain a passport. I am sure there must be many
other people out there that have had this problem and I would love to
hear what they did.
Unquote"

I actually stumbled on your Site by pure accident, and thought what better way to help another soul, than post directly onto a Site belonging to Zambians and Zambia.

Regards
Zimbo
Zimbo

Postby Kay » 8th November 2010, 14:54

Hi Zimbo,

I am glad you found the Zambian website "Dear Zambia", please pass it on to your friends and others to learn more about us.

Like I said earlier, the best option is to ask your friend to travel to lusaka and get these docs. I dont think the embassy or commssion can help?

Best regards
kay
Kay

Postby Guest » 8th November 2010, 15:16

Well Kay, you have some patience. I was going to shoot! But you diluted my crazie mind.

Good boy

Postby Zimbo » 8th November 2010, 16:07

Hi Kay,

Thanks for your reply and I will pass on your information to the lady looking for the information.

I will definitely pass on the Site's link to everyone and hope in doing so, you have tons of visitors and new members.

Once again, many thanks for all your help.

Take care

Best regards
Zimbo
Zimbo

Postby Constable Nozinozi » 8th November 2010, 18:03

Dears and darlings,

Please correct me if I'm wrong because something about this Zimbo request perplexes me.

In the quote, Zimbo's buddy talks about a british passport being issued to her. Which suggests this person is a birtish citizen or has dual british and Zambian citizenships. I don't know if the latter is even possible but no matter. Point is that she has british citizenship.

Now I know if one is a british citizen and a birth occurs in Zambia the british high commission in Zambia will issue the birth certificate. Not so?? I'd think the same with marriages. Why is a british citizen wanting to obtain these docs from the Zambian officials? Did I miss something here?
Constable Nozinozi

Postby Zimbo » 8th November 2010, 21:11

Dear Constable Nozinozi,

You definitely make a valid point and observation, and unfortunately I cannot answer your questions, as although I stated the person needing the information is my "friend" - she is not directly (if you know what I mean - very confusing I must admit)
I am trying to assist the person, who posted this request on a "Zimbabwean Site" of which I am part of the "Admin Team" and decided to "surf the net" and found your site (DearZambia.com) and thought to myself, what better way of trying to get addresses etc., than appealing to people directly from and connected to Zambia.

What I will attempt to establish from this person is exactly what she requires and will come back to you all and maybe that will clear up all the confusion about "dual citizenships" etc.,

But thank you all once again for your patience and replies, they are very much appreciated, and I will return once I have cleared up everything.

Thank you all.

Zimbo
Zimbo

Postby intelligentsia » 8th November 2010, 21:42

Hey Zimbo,

check this out. You don't have to tell us the name of your friend.

But if your friend's name is Obasanjo, Ogingo, Oluwa, Babatunde, Idowu, Yetunde, Ifeoluwa, Folasayo, Oluwabukola, Olanrewaju, Oyinkansola, Obaloluwa, Fehintola, Abieuwa-Abies, Kaosisochukwu, Ebubechi, Chinedume, Ayodele, Zanyamaka, Chukwukatitilola or any such suspiciously funny sounding name, then I have to advise you my dear Zimbo, that your "friend" may be another Nigerian con artist. They are all over the Internet, pulling all sorts of scams.

This Zambian birth certificate and marriage license is just the beginning. Only God knows what is the scam that will come out of this one.
intelligentsia

Postby Head of Intelligentsia » 8th November 2010, 22:38

Funny, I smelled Nigerian scam from the beginning. I saw a story recently on the telly where a woman who had just lost her husband to cancer, somehow ended up sharing her grief on some chat room. She was soon contacted by a man offering his condolences and offering money to help out the woman in her mourning. The man claimed he just went through the loss of a loved one himself but fortunately for him, he also inherited millions of dollars. He said he was going around helping people who are grieving. As every Nigerian scam goes, the talk soon turned to the woman sending some money to cover government tax bla bla bla. Woman sends the money never hears from the man again. It's only when she went to the police that she realised she's been taken by a Nigerian con man.
Head of Intelligentsia

Postby Zedo » 9th November 2010, 00:13

Zimbo, ask yourself firstly why this person could not tell that she was on a Zimbabwean site rather than a Zambian site - if she was born or married in Zambia!
Zedo

Postby Runturtlerun » 9th November 2010, 00:31

Zedo,, your suspicions are misplaced. If I was an investigator, I would first start interrogating this Zimbo character, then trace my way back. As far as we know, the so called friend may or may not exist. Even the Zimbabwean site where Zimbo belongs, may be a figment of a hyper imagination.

But Zedo, you asked an essential question. How does one confuse Zambia and Zimbabwe? Must be quite dumb.

The only other character as dumb in recent history is George Bush. He goes and blows Iraq to smithereens. 7 years and $1 trillion later they find out the country he was after was Iran, not Iraq. Freakin Bush with his dyslexia changed a nation's history for the worse because he confused Iran with Iraq.
Runturtlerun

Postby Zimbo » 9th November 2010, 02:14

Hi Zedo and Runturtlerun,

For starters, I am a genuine person and definitely belong to a Site, which is legit, I also belong to a Group on Yahoo which is where the person posted the request, as I have said before, I don't actually know the person, just thought I would do a good deed and attempt to help her out, (being the kind soul that I am) and as I previously said "Googled" various Zambian terms and your Site popped up on one of my searches - I mean no harm to anyone and am definitely not a "scam artist" hence my request for assistance. Also am definitely not connected in any way or form to Nigeria or Nigerian Scam Artists of this you can all be well assured.

There is no confusion regarding the 2 Countries - and all I can assume is that the person in question who is needing the information could have possibly being born in Zambia, married a Zambian or Zimbabwean had children in Zambia who could have possibly married Zambians but left and lived elsewhere, and they are now trying to get Documents for other reasons, I honestly couldn't tell you the "whys" or even why she posted on a Zimbabwean site, but I can tell you that I have emailed the person tonight and informed her, that I have approached you kind people and hopefully she will respond and I will be able to enlighten everyone on the "hows and whys"

Till then, I remain an honest and trustworthy
Zimbo
Zimbo

Postby Bonaventure » 9th November 2010, 02:41

Yes Zimbo dear, you did mention already that you are a kind soul. I think by now even the chickens in my hen house know the kind soul that you are.
Keep us posted on the British lady who is trying to hassle a Zambian birth certificate. It sounds quite intriguing.
Bonaventure

Postby Bonaventure » 9th November 2010, 02:53

Zimbo dear, here lies the problem with your story.

QUOTE: "I also wrote to the British High Commissioner in
Zambia as they used to issue our British passport in the early days." END QUOTE

If this person got her British passport in those early days it means she is British, Black or otherwise. What does she want with Zambian birth certificates?

Look here, I will even cut you some slack. Say you are who you say you are. Honest, a shinning beacon of trust, etc etc. Then this lady friend of your is a crook of some kind. Because her story does not add up.
Bonaventure

Postby BRUCE » 9th November 2010, 10:33

what's the site so that i can see the same msg.i may be able to help,maybe even others
BRUCE

Postby Miles Finch » 9th November 2010, 11:44

Maybe it's Dear Zimbabwe.
Miles Finch

Postby Cindy » 10th November 2010, 14:04

Ehehe... Peps my friend, hold the names AND HELP ME BREATHE!

Ehehe this Zimbo,too much for a 'good Samaritan"! That's why my first instinct was to shoot this con!
Cindy

Postby Pepe » 10th November 2010, 18:37

too much for a 'good Samaritan'

oh Cindy my dear, these ribs of mine, please spare them!

What is that saying? When something sounds too good to be true....

This mu Samaritan sure can go out of her way to chase a Zambian birth certificate for an Internet acquaintance.
Pepe

Postby Guest » 12th November 2010, 22:25

I think the first thing Zimbo should have done was to give this forum's address to the freind so that the first post we should have read should have been from the same 'freind.'

Secondly, the two documents this person wants are issued at very different times and maybe even places. There are many questions unanswered here;
1. where does this person live at the moment?
2. Who is she married to that she should look for a marriage certificate and not the husband?
3. Has this person ever lived in Zambia to ask such a question?
4. Why does she want a birth certificate now and not before?... the list is endless.

No wonder people 'smell a rat' from honest and well meaning Zimbo, because only some one who has never lived in Zambia, or have relatives in Zambia would want such information, in which case he/she would not deserve the documents.

Humble request from Zimbo: Give us the web page on which he/she got that information.

Next Page

Return to Government (Ministries, Police, Departments, Offices)