RTSA Offences and Fines

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

RTSA Offences and Fines

Postby Bashi Su » 5th August 2011, 11:15

Dear Zambia,
Do you people think the RTSA fine fees as on their website are realistic?
"Failure to register a car with 30 days K3,600,000.00"
" Failure to provide letter of offer K18,000,000.00"
These among other similar fines make me feel they are meant to make Traffic Police Richer now. We (drivers) know what a police check point means by now.

I hope some one has taken interest to see what the effect of a $2,000 fine on over loaded trucks. Off course smiles and fatty bellies to bridge attendants.

Ba MM whats your take?
Bashi Su

Re: RTSA Offences and Fines

Postby Guest » 5th August 2011, 16:37

I just checked the said fines. Well, from what I see those fines are unrealistic and I think RTSA should do some work to balance up with the economic situation. I dont think you can fine someone for failing to change ownership in 30 days K36m.

Ownership cannot be changed for so many reasons including failure to make full payment for the vehicle, so are they saying using a vehicle for over 30 days for which you have not paid in full, is an offence? Or that you change ownership after 30 days even if someone has not finished paying for the vehicle?

Re: RTSA Offences and Fines

Postby Mankind » 5th August 2011, 20:09

What RTSA is doing to increase corruption on the road and make traffic officers stinking rich. Road blocks will be on a rampant which we alread know they do not benefit government in any way.
RTSA twafweni
Mankind

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)